Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I truly lived in the wrong day and age!  My mom's family grew up together, they had Sunday dinner together more than twice a month.  They knew things about each other, they shared life with each other.  When they all grew up they continued to stay in contact with each other.  My mom has 23 cousins on one side of her family and for the most part can tell you where they are and what they are doing now.  I have 6 first cousins.  I love them all.  I have a computer generated relationship with most of them and that is about the extent of it!  It is so sad to me.  I am not a phone person.  I much prefer the internet with Facebook, email and all of the search engines where I can Google all of the friends and family that I don't get to see on a daily, weekly or even yearly basis.
How did we become a society that is in such a hurry?  Why is it so hard to plan a Sunday dinner with family?
I wonder what family will look like when my kids grow up.  Will they be able to say that they have a personal relationship with their 13 cousins?

No comments:

Post a Comment